Dr. Sri Krishna Sinha 2
This institution at Munger commemorates the diamond jubilee of Dr. Sri Krishna Sinha, then Chief Minister of Bihar, who comes from Munger. The foundation-stone of the building was laid on the 21st December, 1947 by Shri Jairam Das Daulat Ram, the then Governor of Bihar. The institution has also published a book “Sri Krishna Abhinandan Granth”
which was presented to the Chief Minister, Dr. S.K.Sinha by Shri Purushottam Das Tandan in 1949. A big library of books was donated by Shri Raghubar Narain Singh in the same year. The building is imposing and was completed in 1953. The institution was formally inaugurated by Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru on the 31st October, 1953. Dr. Sri Krishna Sinha has donated his personal library consisting of about 17,000 books to the institution (1959). At the end of 1959 there were 41,000 books in the institution and the average daily issue of books was 106. As per counting of books done in 1983, there were total 69307 books in the library which consisted 26178 Hindi, 31865 English, 679 Bangla and 1387 Urdu, Persian and Arabic books.